Subject: Re: OpenFirmware issue on G4/466
To: Timo =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Sch=F6ler?= <timo.schoeler@macfinity.net>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/07/2005 15:57:13
On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 21:02:29 +0100
Timo Sch=F6ler <eclipser@gmx.net> wrote:

> does anybody know how to get rid of this uncommon situation?

You can try rebooting and holding down the recessed button to the lower
right of the power button until you hear a steady tone (takes fifteen or
more seconds). This has been known to reset the firmware, forcing a
reloading of it from the ROM. While Apple decoupled a great deal of the
OS from its ROM, as a back up the unaltered base firmware is still
present. You will lose any flashing that you've done, though. No
guarantees this will work, but it did recover me from having accidently
changed my real-base setting (which mucked the firmware).

tim