Subject: Booting 2.0 on a Mini
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/06/2005 19:01:12
Hi!  I'm a macppc newbie, although I know at least a little about Open
Firmware, macs, and NetBSD.

I am being totally stumped.  I have found a whole bunch of different documents
which refer to versions at least as far back as 1.6.1, and I have not been
able to form a cohesive view of things.

The Mini has a fairly recent version of Open Firmware.  My understanding
is that I should be able to access an Apple UFS filesytem from Open Firmware.
In practice, however, it seems I can't.  I've made such a partition, but

dir hd:N,\

works for only the N which correspond to HFS+ partitions.

I can probably do it with HFS+... But if I do that, then I have no obvious
way to copy new kernels in.  ?

-s