Subject: Re: iBook install
To: kelley <kelleylaw@mac.com>
From: CEH <ceh@sdf-eu.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/02/2005 10:27:00
> Hello,
>
> I am looking at installing NetBSD on my new iBook G4 and have a couple
> of questions before I do so.
>
> Does NetBSD 2.0 support Airport Extreme and Bluetooth?

No, it doesn't. See
http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/faq.html#peripherals

Don't know their current status though, perhaps someone else is able
to tell if they will be supported in a NetBSD/macppc release soon?

> Can I do a dual boot or install NetBSD on a external Firewire Drive?

There's no problem in making a dual boot system with for an example
NetBSD and Mac OS X.

You're not able to install NetBSD on a FireWire disk though, since
FireWire disks are not supported by NetBSD/macppc yet.
(See http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/faq.html#peripherals again).

> Is there a Live CD for macppc that will allow me to try it first?

Not that I know of. Make a request on this mailing list and perhaps some
kind person out there will help you out by creating one. :-)

--
CEH
Reach out to the flag - go NetBSD!