Subject: Re: contrast and kdm on powerbook
To: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
From: dixie <dixieml@imap.cc>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/30/2005 09:26:20
Tim Kelly wrote:

>Out of curiosity, reboot and drop into OF, then before booting do
>
>dev /cpus/PowerPC,G4 set-dfs-high
>
>and then boot into NetBSD. If it does work, you may not want to stay booted
>that way, as heat may be a problem until something more formal is
>implemented

I tried it on an iBook late 2004 and it works (same cpu type as PBooks):

cpu0 at mainbus0: Version 0x8003 (Revision 0x0102), ID 0 (primary)
cpu0: HID0 8410c0bc<EMCP,EICE,DPM,ICE,DCE,SGE,BTIC,FBIOB,ABE,BHT>
cpu0: 1203.71 MHz, 256KB L2 cache

I'm about to try Michael's experimental thermal drivers to see if
temperature would be kept at bearable levels.

best regards (sorry for my poor english :( )