Subject: Re: ofb proposal
To: netbsd-macppc <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/29/2005 23:15:02
On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 12:51:12PM -0500, Michael wrote:
> >for the mac crashed the other day when i was in -current, and the
> >reset of
> >that machine hangs the mac.  that's not good.  ;)
> Update your sources :)

WOOT!!  nice work!!

also, things that have changed or not changed:

a) still can't run gnucash, same thing, guile explodes.
b) firefox is much more usable.  black scroll lines are gone (i think
that they were gone with previous -current kernels) and the drop down menus
now work, but the main screen is still weird, but a bit more functional.

> That's the Xserver's fault, it's supposed to leave the video hardware
> in exactly the same state as it found it ( apart from framebuffer
> content of course ) - it works on all my boxes now, no idea what goes
> wrong with the Radeon.

beats me, so long as it works in X mode i'm happy.

-brian
--
"Now you know why I got the everliving hell OUT of Windows administration.
Knowing it doesn't make it any easier.  It's just broken-as-designed."