Subject: snapper recording
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: davide <d.zanon@infinito.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/28/2005 19:08:57
hi!
I know my questions can appear a bit useless and silly, but please be patient
to a poor newbie...
Now netbsd (-current kernel, 2.0 userland) works very well on my PB G4 (USB
2.0 is supported, audio too, etc) but i found another strange behaviour about
snapper. I tried recording, and it seems it doesn't work... maybe it's my
fault, in that case please give me some advice...
I have tried audio recording with KRec and Audacity. Here I selected the right
device and option "Software playthrough", to listen to what is recorded
during the process. Audacity records only a strange regular noise that
doesn't change when I plug in and out the jack connected to the audio source.
So it seems to me that you can't record with snapper. The reason why I post
this message (which is everything but important, I know, but I'd like to get
sound totally working :) is that I had read "(master volume control only, and
I haven't tested recording)" in a message
(http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2003/12/27/0008.html) and that
"recording should work" in another.
So I hope this can be considered a feedback to help improve and not only noise
as I sometimes think... :) If there's a way to help, I'd be glad to! Or, as I
said before, I have simply forgotten something and I hope you'll help.
thank you very much for your efforts

david