Subject: Re: powerbook g4 hangs at boot
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/22/2005 01:21:59
On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 09:31:33PM -0600, David Young wrote:
> I'm running sources from last night.  At boot, directly after printing
>
>         boot device: wd0
>         root on wd0a dumps on wd0b
>         root filesystem type: ffs
>
> my 400MHz Powerbook G4 hangs.  I can drop into the debugger, where the
> stack trace is like this:

FWIW, with a slightly-updated kernel (I brought in recent changes
to sys/arch/{macppc,powerpc}/), I tickled this assertion when I
dropped to debugger and typed 'sync':

... "emsr & PSL_EE" failed: file
".../src/sys/arch/macppc/macppc/extintr.c" line 809.

I will try again with up-to-the-minute sources.

Dave