Subject: tty00 vs. ttyZ0 in ttys
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@college.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/21/2005 20:45:42
I just installed a system from 2.99.14 from Sunday's sources and when I
try to log in from serial console I get root login refused on this
terminal.

If I switch the /etc/ttys entry from tty00 to ttyZ0 and kill -HUP 1 it
suddenly works. /dev/tty00 is sym linked to point to ttyZ0. Why would the
actual device work and not the sym link work? Does that sound like a bug
in getty or am I missing something? Does this happen to anyone else?

--
The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash, it displays a
dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.