Subject: Re: contrast and kdm on powerbook
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/18/2005 13:59:27
At 1:52 PM -0500 1/18/05, Tim Kelly wrote:
>At one time the cpu attachment process would retrieve the speed value from
>OF, but now uses the performance monitors. What is reported should be
>actual.

Let me rephrase. At the time of the thread, the procedure may have changed
the reported value in OF. Currently the approach should not alter the
reported speed, as it does not retrieve the values from OF. However, it may
still be possible to use OF to spend the CPU up to its normal operating
speed, as it some point Apple must speed the CPU up without putting it to
sleep during the booting process. While booting MacOS, does your Powerbook
appear to go through some reconfiguration stage?

tim