Subject: Re: contrast and kdm on powerbook
To: Davide Zanon <d.zanon@infinito.it>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/18/2005 12:28:26
At 2:51 PM +0000 1/16/05, Davide Zanon wrote:
> (1.33 GHz, but 668.73 MHz according to dmesg
>(why?))

If you could, please, do the following in Open Firmware:

decimal dev /cpus/PowerPC,G4 .properties

and send me the value from both clock-frequency and force-reduced-speed if
it is present (and let me know if it is not). I've found a thread in the
macppc archives from 2 1/2 years ago that may shed some light on this. The
CPU speed calculation code is correct and rather, so I believe that this is
in fact the CPU speed when first booted up.

thanks,
tim