Subject: Re: contrast and kdm on powerbook
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Davide Zanon <d.zanon@infinito.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/16/2005 14:51:40
On Tuesday 18 January 2005 15:07, Allen Briggs wrote:

> Which PowerBook?

12" latest model w/ combo drive (1.33 GHz, but 668.73 MHz according to dmesg
(why?))

> This is probably an argument given to the X server in a KDM or
> XFree86 configuration file.  On NetBSD/i386, it probably means to
> use virtual terminal '5', but that doesn't make sense on macppc.
> Look in /usr/pkg/lib/X11 or /usr/X11R6/lib/X11 (depending on where
> your KDE was installed) and see if it's in there somewhere.

oh, right, I didn't know there was a /usr/pkg/lib/X11 !!! And probably this is
the reason why when using kdm my keyboard layout didn't use the Xmodmap
modifications I had made...
but... what can I look for there? My first newbie attempt was to find files
containing the vt* string, but there's only one and it's not the right one...
I know that's not clever ;-)

> -allen

Thank you very much!

david