Subject: Re: mc* performance patch
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/13/2005 13:04:50
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:01:41 -0500
Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net> wrote:

> This explains a lot - with my 400MB RAM I'm pretty likely to get
> contiguous memory I guess :)

I'm not so sure. I don't have the performance problem on my MP system,
which has the same amount of memory of the test 7300 I have and
obviously has the same amount of memory when I run the SP kernel on the
build/MP box. Since we're only talking about a difference of one 4k page
size at the most, I don't think the amount of memory is an issue,
although the underlying cause could be related to how memory is
allocated with differing amounts of memory.

tim