Subject: Re: on board ethernet card problem
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/13/2005 09:39:37
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:20:00 -0500
Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com> wrote:

> I've seen this myself, and the comments in the
> arch/macppc/dev/am7c950.c file indicate that the transmit buffer is
> not emptying. I believe it to be a symptom rather than a clue.

Let me add a couple comments to this:

1) I get the resetting chip on occasion when doing extending networking,
such as a cvs up, even with the MP

2) I do not have the performance problems with mc on an MP system.

I have not had time to review the differences (if any) of DBDMA handling
between MP and SP, but given the above, I suspect something is being
handled differently. Since I get the resetting chip note even with MP, I
don't immediately conclude the two problems are related.

tim