Subject: Re: on board ethernet card problem
To: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
From: Tomas D <u0giene@yahoo.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/12/2005 07:05:01
Hi Tim,
Hi All,
--- Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com> wrote:

> I don't think you'll find that -current fixes your
> mc0 problem, though,
> but I know (having been working on this some myself)
> that the stuff in
> -current is a step in the right direction (my
> suspicion is that
> interrupts are a factor and the new code from Allen
> and Michael have
> made it much more robust). I also have a patch for
> if_mc.c that will
> enable proper media type changing in mc* that is
> also a step in the
> right direction.
>
> I do have a question that I think you can answer.
> When you installed
> 2.0,
5days or so ago, however I can't make my time/date
work the thing is that if I disconnect power supply
for night or so all firmware settings being reset. the
reason for that could be my old attempt to flash
firmware setttings by removing battery [didn't worked
anyway somebody or I guess that was u Tim to use
ctrl-opt-p-r combination which worked] so how did I
placed the battery I wasnt sure of so I've double
checked it and I'm 90% sure I've put in the right
order now however when I poweroff my machine time
stops however it's not resetting to anything it just
stops... strange it might be battery problem but I
believe that hasn't got anything to do with my
ethernet I'll try to sort this time problem out later

> did you install from a CD?

yes I've installed from cd

> thanks,
> tim