Subject: Re: MacOS CD Question
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/07/2005 11:52:54
On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 11:43:36AM -0500, Tim Kelly wrote:

> It's definately not PC formatted, so either it is hosed or it is hfs
> formatted. If it was PC formatted you'd see a display of some sort.

hfstools can't do anything with it.  MacOS 9 sees the drive, but never
sees the inserted disk.  ah well.  no big loss.

> Which ofb.c are you using? If it is the patch I sent that properly
> decoupled the card from stdout, I have a more recent patch that will
> attach the ofb* device to card if is has the "display" characteristic
> required for an OF frame buffer.

i think it is the one with the patch you sent.  could i have the latest
patch?  is anoncvs still down?  i might need a fresh copy of ofb.c as well
if it is (from 2.0)   ;)

> Alternatively, you may be able to set output-device to the card
>
> setenv output-device /ATY,RV100Parent//ATY,RV100ad_A
> reset-all

i will try that now.

> Are there two video out ports? Both _A and _B appear to be legitimate OF
> frame buffers.

there is one, but the 7000 can come with DVI and S-Video, so while mine
doesn't have those, the firmware probably still knowns about them since
with the correct components and a soldering station you could put those
things on this card, the pads are all there.

-brian
--
"Now you know why I got the everliving hell OUT of Windows administration.
Knowing it doesn't make it any easier.  It's just broken-as-designed."