Subject: Re: my story of installing netbsd2.0 onto macppc
To: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
From: Tomas D <u0giene@yahoo.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/07/2005 08:39:04
--- Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com> wrote:

> show-children is notoriously erratic. I have
> actually managed to get it
> to work a total of _one_ time in OF 1.0.5, but it
> will work on later
> versions. If you're installing onto the stock hard
> drive, usually it is
> at @0, and the cd drive is almost always at @3.

yeah when I've specyfied id 3 previously my cdrom
started to spin and machine just hang so I would
assume that @3 is the right option

> In your boot command for booting from the cd, you
> wrote:
>
> 0> boot scsi-int/sd@3:,\OFWBOOT.XCF;1
> NETBSD.MACPPC;1
>
> but don't say what happened. Also, I'm not familiar
> with the use of
> semicolons after the names of the files. Have you
> tried it without them?

I know for sure that boot option above didn't worked I
can't remember error message I haven't tried without
semicolons though.. might have a go today will let u
know

> > can anybody please write a note on NetBSD/macppc
> Model
> > Support page that 9500/200 might have
> > /bandit@F4000000/ATY,mach64@E instead of
> > /bandit@F4000000/ATY,mach64@D , well the one that
> > found in north london- wood green just ouside
> > somebody's house has, and if not my fried who
> insisted
> > to take it nothing that would happend...
> > spent way too much time on it today...
>
> I wonder if this has something to do with another
> PCI card being
> present, or the video card being in a different slot
> than stock.
>
> tim
yeah that could be it I was wordering through that
display registry program you gave me yesterday and I
saw that there are 3 id's it's d, e, f, so it is
really just the matter what slot card is located in...

thanx for your help through out this everyone, just
copied boot files to floppy disks with rawrite will be
installing netbsd today!.. hopefully...
I'm sure I'll be back (;