Subject: Re: MacOS CD Question
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/07/2005 11:43:36
On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 11:34:33 -0500
Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net> wrote:

> > 0> dir scsi/@5:1,\
>
> can't OPEN the DIR device
>
> i really think that the zip drive is hosed.

It's definately not PC formatted, so either it is hosed or it is hfs
formatted. If it was PC formatted you'd see a display of some sort.

> that's ok, i dug out the SCSI CD-ROM drive, and i was able to
> boot MacOS 9.1 from that.  installed it on a spare 2G SCSI
> disk, downloaded the ATI firmware updater, installed 1.19 onto
> the Radeon, and this is what i see:
>
> ATI Technologies Radeon 7000/VE (VGA display) at pci0 dev 13 function
> 0 not configured

Which ofb.c are you using? If it is the patch I sent that properly
decoupled the card from stdout, I have a more recent patch that will
attach the ofb* device to card if is has the "display" characteristic
required for an OF frame buffer.

Alternatively, you may be able to set output-device to the card

setenv output-device /ATY,RV100Parent//ATY,RV100ad_A
reset-all

Are there two video out ports? Both _A and _B appear to be legitimate OF
frame buffers.

tim