Subject: Re: Open Firmware: Problem with black screen again
To: Tomas D <u0giene@yahoo.com>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/06/2005 15:11:20
Hi Tomas,

> is it still nessacerry for me to have right
> output-device after I set my real-base and boot device
> and that sort of stuff via serial? in the end of the
> day I don't want to go back to firmware, just want my
> mac to boot up from cd

It seems to me that the priority would be to get the monitor to work as
a console :-) I thought of something else. Try

" pci2/ATY,mach64@D" output

and see if the monitor comes on. It doesn't set the output-device
permanently, just for the session. The other thing to check is whether
you have "kbd" or "keyboard" for your input alias on your Mac. Setting
input-device to the wrong one (because that alias doesn't exist on that
particular model) will cause OF to default back to ttya.

tim