Subject: Re: Open Firmware: Problem with black screen again
To: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
From: Tomas D <u0giene@yahoo.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/06/2005 07:20:47
hi all,
I've just realised one thing...
is it still nessacerry for me to have right
output-device after I set my real-base and boot device
and that sort of stuff via serial? in the end of the
day I don't want to go back to firmware, just want my
mac to boot up from cd and take bootfile specified
earlyer in openfirmware I will find out that one
anyway just going to burn macppccd.iso and try to
install netbsd at last...
by the way I've noticed one thing with prebuild
packages there are not many in
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/2.0/macppc/wm/
however in
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/1.6/macppc/wm/
are plenty
my question
 1: would windowmaker prebuild package from
/packages/1.6/macppc/wm/ work on netbsd macppc2.0? if
it would then what is the difference between packages
for version 1.6 and 2.0?
 2: is it worth waiting till you guys add that
prebuild package or maybe just install netbsd 1.6?
 3: is it just better idea to install all stuff from
pkgsrc rather than use pkg_add?
I don't mind pkgsrc at all, but I don't have internet
connection yet
 thank you all
 take care
 tomas