Subject: Re: MacOS CD Question
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/06/2005 09:29:16
On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 10:54:20AM -0500, Michael wrote:
> I /think/ I have such a disk sitting here somewhere - just dd'ing and
> bzip2ing it shouldn't be a problem, but finding it...

i'll be trying to image you found for me, just as soon as i figure out
how to access the ZIP disk from NetBSD.  either i'm doing something wrong,
or this ZIP drive doesn't work....

sd1 at scsibus1 target 5 lun 0: <IOMEGA, ZIP 100, E.03> disk removable
sd1: drive offline

wonko@zaphod$ sudo disklabel /dev/sd1c
disklabel: /dev/sd1c: Device busy

> >MacOS 9, it seems, will not boot from the IDE CD-ROM disk.  gah.
> Weird :/
> Does the firmware even access the drive? It should try everything
> potentially bootable at some point.

i don't know if it access the drive or not, i should watch and see what
happens.  would have to remove the CD-ROM bezel as it blocks the lights. ;)

i know MacOS 9 can boot from the IDE controller, the copy that used to be
on this machine booted from the IDE HDD that is on that controller.

hrm......

-brian
--
"Now you know why I got the everliving hell OUT of Windows administration.
Knowing it doesn't make it any easier.  It's just broken-as-designed."