Subject: Re: MD/RAMDISK building revisited
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/05/2005 09:47:16
I still have not succeeded in getting the RAMDISK installer in -current
to build. I fixed one problem by cvs up to 12/31/04, and I fixed another
by installing that userland. I also fixed another problem (?) manually
editing distrib/macppc/floppies/ramdisk/ramdiskbin.mk:

# -------- sysinst

sysinst_OBJPATHS= sysinst/sysinst.ro
#sysinst_SRCDIR=/usr/src/distrib/utils/sysinst/arch/unknown
sysinst_SRCDIR=/usr/src/distrib/utils/sysinst/arch/macppc
sysinst:

I traced this back to distrib/common/list.sysinst:

SPECIAL sysinst srcdir  distrib/utils/sysinst/arch/${MACHINE}

However, I now have problems with /usr/src/etc/MAKEDEV not compiling. In
tracing this out, it would appear that DESTDIR is not set. Between these
two variables, I end up wondering if it is not possible to simply do:

cd /usr/src/distrib/macppc
make

in order to get -current to build a ramdisk and md-kernel image. Is it
necessary to build all of the ports in order to get this to work? Since
all I want to do is change one binary and the kernel, I think it is
rather extreme to have to write a complete script for doing what is
already done in the distribution build. Could anyone shed some light on
this, and perhaps explain to me what I'm doing wrong?

thanks in advance,
tim