Subject: Re: MacOS CD Question
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/04/2005 07:31:51
On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 06:31:18PM -0500, Michael wrote:

> With some squeezing you can install MacOS completely on a ZIP disk (
> all that's needed to make a disk bootable is a proper system folder or
> a special file the ROM can find ), the ZIP tools ( not included with
> MacOS but it comes with the right driver ) even have an option to
> create a rescue disk from an existing installation. Can be very useful
> :)

oooooh, that sounds neat!!  maybe i could convince you to create me a disk
image of a ZIP disk that i could dd in NetBSD and boot OS9 from?  ;)

MacOS 9, it seems, will not boot from the IDE CD-ROM disk.  gah.

time to dig out the SCSI CD-ROM, don't even know where i'm going to put it
either.  joy.

-brian
--
"Now you know why I got the everliving hell OUT of Windows administration.
Knowing it doesn't make it any easier.  It's just broken-as-designed."