Subject: Re: MacOS CD Question
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/02/2005 16:36:46
On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 01:00:05PM -0500, Michael wrote:

> >installed xhfs (hey, if i'm going to install MacOS i'm going to have to
> >learn how to use the mouse, right?  *G*) and pointed it at the disk i
> >burned.  it works just fine.
> Cool, good to know :)

yeah, it was certainly nice to be able to properly verify that it worked.

> I never succeeded in putting NetBSD and MacOS on the same disk without
> one or both of them getting fits, but maybe that's just me. I'd still
> recommend giving MacOS its own disk, just to be on the safe side. The
> Apple ROM will find a bootable MacOS, even if it's not on the first
> disk it sees.

oh, i'll be putting a disk in to dedicate to MacOS, now i just need to
figure out where it's going to go.  i think the ZIP drive is going to be
history, especially since i never use it.  ;)

-brian
--
"Now you know why I got the everliving hell OUT of Windows administration.
Knowing it doesn't make it any easier.  It's just broken-as-designed."