Subject: Re: MacOS CD Question
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/02/2005 13:00:05
Hello,

>>> will the hfs tools work?
>> Probably - I don't know if Apple did any additional voodoo or if they
>> just put a HFS filesystem into a data track.
>
> installed xhfs (hey, if i'm going to install MacOS i'm going to have to
> learn how to use the mouse, right?  *G*) and pointed it at the disk i
> burned.  it works just fine.
Cool, good to know :)

>>>  is a MacOS 9.1 install disk HFS?
>> Yes.
>
> excellent, now that it's tested, i can try my hand at installing 9.1
> without trashing netbsd. ;)

I never succeeded in putting NetBSD and MacOS on the same disk without
one or both of them getting fits, but maybe that's just me. I'd still
recommend giving MacOS its own disk, just to be on the safe side. The
Apple ROM will find a bootable MacOS, even if it's not on the first
disk it sees.

good luck
Michael