Subject: Re: MacOS CD Question
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/01/2005 13:15:20
Hello,

> ok, i got a disk image of 9.1 to burn so that i can play with the
> Radeon
> a bit, but i've got a question.  how do i verify that the CD is good?
Put it into some Mac and press c while booting. Even if the Mac in
question isn't supported by 9.1 you should get some sort of feedback
telling you wether it tried to boot from the CD or not ( like 'this
version of MacOS doesn't work on this Mac blahblahblah' )

> will the hfs tools work?
Probably - I don't know if Apple did any additional voodoo or if they
just put a HFS filesystem into a data track.

>   is a MacOS 9.1 install disk HFS?
Yes.

have fun
Michael