Subject: Re: MP, SP, extintr, mc, ofb
To: Dan LaBell <dan4l-nospam@verizon.net>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/29/2004 13:34:59
Hello,

> > Also I get envstat output like:
> > CPU temp    CPU temperature   case temperature          fan speed
> >      degC               degC               degC                RPM
> >      4.00              48.00              50.00            5737500
> the first one should be the CPU-internal sensor - has nothing to do with my driver. The RPM value is obviously bogus, so I'll have a
> look again.
>
> > instead of:
> > CPU temp
> >      degC
> >      4.00
> Yup, NetBSD already supports the G3's built-in sensor.
>
> > Fan speed rpm values don't seem real, but I'm  not complaining.
> Hmm, I guess I found it - a dumb typo... can't make a new kernel right now because the box is busy but I'll do so in the next few days.
> I'm rather surprised that the rest seems to work, given that I had absolutely no way to test it.

Ok, I made another test kernel - see here:
http://macallan.homeunix.org:6704/NetBSD/index.php?which=6&show=kernel

the ADT1030 driver should now report a correct rpm value and the console will look weird - I did some minor hackery to allow colour support, mainly to make kernel output distinguishable from userland stuff like on other ports, getting it back to black on white shouldn't be a problem ( although with an unchanged palette it would be more like black on light grey, but that's not my doing - it just uses whatever rasops likes to use ).
It should fall back to monochrome if the console supports less than 16 colours.

good luck
Michael