Subject: keymap under X on ibook G4
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: dixie <dixieml@imap.cc>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/27/2004 23:34:00
Hello,
I successfully brought up X11 4.4 (the one included in 2.0-release) via
-configure then I write down a more detailed XF86Config, but there are
still some annoying problems with the keymap.
'it' layout is all screwed up, following the solution in the FAQ
doesn't change the situation, /var/db/xkb remains empty starting X
either by root.
Using 'us' causes the alphanumeric keys to be mapped correctly, but the
arrows and the modifiers are  unusable, ^H is backspace :)
Google shows thousand of linux-related topic, but nothing interesting
about my (maybe trivial) problem.
Maybe specify a keyboard variant could be a step toward solution?

best regards, sorry for my poor english