Subject: Re: beige g3 and scsi troubles
To: John <jhu@cyberspace.org>
From: Erik Hanspers <erik@univits.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/26/2004 21:13:51
2004-12-26 kl. 00.27 skrev John:
> at the openfirmware prompt, if i type "boot netbsd -d" I'm able to
> immediately enter the kernel debugger. However, if I type either "boot
> netbsd-1.6 -d" or "boot netbsd-2.0 -d", the respective installation
> kernels boot without entering the kernel debugger. Is there something
> I'm
> missing?

No, the installation kernels cannot do this, as they have do not have
DDB (I would guess). I've only tried doing this with the 2.0 GENERIC
kernel, which works well.
If you wish to use the workaround to run 2.0 you could perhaps just
build from source or download the binary sets and install manually.