Subject: NetBSD 2 onto a 9600/350
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Bill Lovett <bill@ilovett.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/22/2004 10:35:11
Hi everybody. I'm looking for some open firmware advice-- I've got a
9600/350 that doesn't want to boot into the NetBSD 2 installer.

I've used System Disk to get into OF easily enough, and I've been
following the instructions in the manual with regard to setting the
boot device. If I try to boot from the scsi cdrom, the machine
hangs. I can hear the drive spin up, however.

I also tried booting from floppy. There I can get slightly further-- I
get a read timeout just after stage 2 begins. Have tried 2 disks, so
I don't believe it's a media failure.

I've noticed that I can't issue a show-children command in OF, I
wonder if this is related. I also saw one guy in the archive from 2003
who had similar circumstances, but no solution.

Is there anything else I should be looking at?

-Bill Lovett