Subject: Re: current panic: trap
To: Chris Tribo <ctribo@college.dtcc.edu>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/22/2004 06:58:42
Hello,

> IRQs below 23 and all the PCI slots fire fine and consistently. Sliding
> the mouse around fires the IRQ for that USB card slot. The bm
> definitely seems to be misbehaving though. It's IRQ's seem to fire for
> bursts up to about 100 per second, then drop to 0 for a second, then
> burst back and none.
That's certainly odd. I assume the others continue firing when bm takes its break?

> Is XFree86 supposed to work on the built in Rage IIc+ chip?
Depend. In theory - yes. In real life - maybe, Riccardo got his 4400 to work but apparently X gets the amount of video RAM wrong and uses only 1MB or so.

> There  doesn't seem to be an ati driver loading for it. If I switch from vga
> to ati the logs say it loads rage128 and radeon but I didn't see any
> Rage Pro chips listed and the X server bails.
What exactly does it say? Any complains about memory mapping around 0xa0000?

> I pulled down and built a kernel from sources of about an hour ago, it
> booted up to
> scsibus0: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle...
> umass0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
> umass0: LaCie USB Mass STORAGE, rev 1.00/2.00, addr 2
> umass0: using ATAPI over CBI
> atapibus0 at umass0: 2 targets
> uhidev0 at uhub1 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
> uhid0...
> uhid1...
> uhub2 at uhub1 port 2
> uhub2: Atmel UHB124 hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 3
> uhub2: 4 ports with 4 removable, bus powered
> (freeze)
> I can't drop into ddb even. So back to the old kernel from Dec 13th.
Does it also hang at this point with the USB drive disconnected? Sometimes I get hangups with a misbehaving (read: or not properly quirk-supported ) USB device connected.

have fun
Michael