Subject: Re: need testers
To: None <rudihl@gmx.de>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/20/2004 15:59:35
Hello,

> I don't need -and don't want- a tweak in the kernel that just pleases me
> or the specific hardware that i happen to have.
Well, all I offered was to compile the kernel you're using again with different fonts built in - costs me less time than writing this mail.

> It's not only the size almost 100 lines are difficult to read. Not
> losing the line while reading, or getting back to the same point in a
> text when you just moved the eyes to something different.
Simple oversight - I forgot to include the big font usually used at 1024x768 and above in the kernel. That's all. On the other hand it's pretty difficult to find a catch-all here - others, like Tim, prefer to cram as much information as possible on the screen as long as they can read it somehow, others may argue that we should reproduce the OF console as close as possible which would give you an even smaller font.
I guess the best way would be to make loadable fonts work with ofb, the code is there but no one seems to use it.

have fun
Michael