Subject: Toilet seat iBook (the first one) and shutdown
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce ONeel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/20/2004 15:59:49
Hi,

This weekend was update to 2.0 weekend and all went well.
Now I can run X on my first edition iBook and have displays
from across the net which didn't seem to work in 1.6.2
makes me very happy.

One problem and one question.

- Problem.  The shutdown -h now command (or for that matter
the halt command) halts the system but doesn't return control
to OpenFirmware.  This means that I have to 3 finger reboot
and then go to open firmware to type the

shut-down

command and actually turn the thing off.  No big deal, but,
slightly anoying

- Question.  Now that can use my iBook to display X clients across
the net, why is that ssh -X doesn't set X forwarding when connecting
to NetBSD 2.0 systems?  I've looked at /etc/ssh/ssh_config and set
ForwardX11 to yes but that doesn't seem to help.  What am I missing?

Thanks!

cheers

bruce