Subject: -current kernel panic last week
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/20/2004 10:42:11
--8w3uRX/HFJGApMzv

I realized that to keep macppc healthy, I should start running -current=20
kernels. ;-)

So I compiled one last week, and it didn't work. I realize there are a lot=
=20
of threads about new tests et al., but I wanted to post this separately.=20
It could well be the other patches will fix this issue. :-)

The kernel booted, got to the point of scanning scsi busses, failed to=20
find any of the four SCSI devices, then reported:

panic Stuck interupt 00001000/00001000

ext_intr + 0x1bc
trap_start + 0x014
do_pending_int + 0xc0
splx + 0x40
ltsleep + 0x1fc
usb_delay_ms + 0x88
usb_event_thread + 0x24

So it looks like the usb code was going to sleep, we enabled interrupts in=
=20
splx, and do_pending messed something up.

This is on a beige G3 with 2.0 OF.

[usb is on an add-in card]

Thoughts?

Take care,