Subject: Re: need testers
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/20/2004 08:18:09
At 8:09 AM -0500 12/20/04, Michael wrote:
>With less than 1024x768 the normal ofb code just uses the ROM font stolen
>from OF :)

If he's using a kernel you built, it might have the ofb.c patch that I did
to include 1024x768. Otherwise I have half inch (1.25 cm) tall letters on
my 17" screen. If this is too small on the LCDs, try the following in OF

dev screen 1 set-mode

I'm not sure how dynamic the LCDs are, whether they can support more than
one resolution. The above will set it to 640x480 on my G4. If that doesn't
work, try

dev screen show-modes

(look through readout for resolution in the 640x480 range)

(mode number) set-mode

tim