Subject: Re: cpu speed and recent kernel hangs on 9x00 machines
To: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
From: Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/19/2004 00:04:26
Tim Kelly wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 23:24:04 +0100
> Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it> wrote:
>
> > Also I wanto to be sure that my cache is recongized and used. whatever
> > kind it is... on Kansas boards it is on the cpu doughterboard and not
> > on the mainboard.
>
> Since there's no L2CR register, either it's always on or configured by
> Open Firmware. It's outside what the kernel can do.

ok, so I should just get the cache.. wonder if I can check that somehow.

> Have you tried both sync and non-sync negotiation on mesh and esp? I
> haven't had the hang on scsibus since Allen committed his and Michael's
> efforts a week or so ago.  During one of the intermediate phases I would
> get the hang with sync negotiation, but not with non-sync.

I get whatever the default for a GENERIC kernel is. Anyway this is not
the failures I had when I had sync problems...
Also, it was a problem of a drive not disabling sync if it was requested
on the other box. Here I hope everything is normal.

-R