Subject: Re: cpu speed and recent kernel hangs on 9x00 machines
To: Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/18/2004 12:57:25
On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 23:24:04 +0100
Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it> wrote:

> Also I wanto to be sure that my cache is recongized and used. whatever
> kind it is... on Kansas boards it is on the cpu doughterboard and not
> on the mainboard.

Since there's no L2CR register, either it's always on or configured by
Open Firmware. It's outside what the kernel can do.

Have you tried both sync and non-sync negotiation on mesh and esp? I
haven't had the hang on scsibus since Allen committed his and Michael's
efforts a week or so ago.  During one of the intermediate phases I would
get the hang with sync negotiation, but not with non-sync.

tim