Subject: current CVS kernel: good and bad news
To: netbsd-macppc <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/18/2004 12:13:17
Hey,

I compiled a CVS kernel again. I used generic as a template and just
eliminated a few useless things.

I tried this kernel on my 4400 and it seems to work fine, boots,
works... I can also attach an external scsi drive to its mesh controller
and work on that. Sounds good, right? :)

I then prepared again an external hard disk with a base set and this
kernel so I could test the 9600.

Here are the bad news: the kernel doesn't get very far! right after CPU
detection (which is detected correctly as a 604ev)

I get

cpu0: 350Mhztrap: pid 0.1 (swapper): kernel PGM trap @ 0x27ece8
(SRR1=0x81032)
panic: trap
stopped in pid 0.1 (swapper) at netbsd cpu_Debugger+0x10   lwz r0, r1, 0

now typing out the whoel bt is long but it says essentially:
kernel PGM trap by cpu_config_l2cr
ADBDevTable
cpu_setup
cpu_attach_common

etc

if it is needed I will configure a serial consoel and get the full
output.

-R