Subject: Re: dropping packets
To: Chaz McGarvey <chaz@brokenzipper.com>
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@floodgap.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/16/2004 05:34:32
> My PowerMac 7300 seems to be dropping quite a few packets (about 40%)
> with NetBSD 2.0 stable (generic).  I searched the list archives and
> read quite a few similar inquiries, and a lot of them had 7300s as
> well.  I couldn't really find a solution, though.  Is there one?
> I had 1.6.2 installed a little while ago and networking was completely
> unusable, dropping almost everything.  NetBSD 2.0 seems to have made a
> significant improvement (ftp transfers over the LAN download at about
> 950kbps, whereas before I was lucky to even get a connection).  I've
> never had to deal with any kernel dropping packets, so I'm just
> wondering what can be done about it.

Is this with the original 604 installed? I run 1.6.2 on my 7300 with a Sonnet
G3/500, and I haven't had any problems with dropped packets through the
motherboard Ethernet or the second rtk-based PCI Ethernet.

 Cameron Kaiser, Floodgap Systems Ltd * So. Calif., USA * ckaiser@floodgap.com
-- Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies. ------------------