Subject: Re: bad kernel news
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/16/2004 01:32:14
On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 04:16:40PM -0800, Matt Thomas wrote:
> At 04:16 PM 12/7/2004, Dave Huang wrote:
> >Which problem are we talking about? With a 2.0 kernel+rev 1.26 of
> >locore_subr.S, I no longer get "panic: mp_save_fpu_proc", but I do get
> >"panic: pmap_pvo_enter: called recursively!"
>
> 1.26 of pmap.c will fixed that panic from pmap.c

OK, I got 2.0 installed on all the machines I wanted running 2.0, so I
upgraded my source tree to -current and built a new macppc kernel.
It's looking pretty good so far--no panics, at least, so thanks to you
and Tim :)

However, programs still occasionally crash with SIGILL (which I think
I've always seen with a MP kernel). For example, doing a build.sh -j3
distribution will almost always crash at some point during the "make
obj" stage, leaving either a sh.core or nbmake.core lying around in
whichever directory it happened to be working in. As usual, building
without -j seems to work fine.
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 29 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++