Subject: dropping packets
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Chaz McGarvey <chaz@brokenzipper.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/15/2004 22:14:03
Hi.

My PowerMac 7300 seems to be dropping quite a few packets (about 40%)
with NetBSD 2.0 stable (generic).  I searched the list archives and
read quite a few similar inquiries, and a lot of them had 7300s as
well.  I couldn't really find a solution, though.  Is there one?

I had 1.6.2 installed a little while ago and networking was completely
unusable, dropping almost everything.  NetBSD 2.0 seems to have made a
significant improvement (ftp transfers over the LAN download at about
950kbps, whereas before I was lucky to even get a connection).  I've
never had to deal with any kernel dropping packets, so I'm just
wondering what can be done about it.

Thanks!

chaz