Subject: Re: dual-boot question
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/15/2004 11:04:16
On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 10:53:27AM -0500, Michael wrote:
> If each has its own disk - nothing. Just have the bootvars utility under MacOS if you want to avoid setting all the OF variables by hand every time you use MacOS.

ok, cool.  bootvars is what?  where?  i know nothing, keep that in mind. ;)

> Yes. I use a similar configuration, only the MacOS disk hangs on a different controller.

ok, cool.

> Use bootvars, save a config file and booting to NetBSD from MacOS will be just a doubleclick :)

<mr_burns>excellent!</mr_burns>

> MacOS will ignore the disk if there are no MacOS volumes on it, and you can always disable it in Drive Setup.

ok, that's nice.  can OS9 mount ufs partitions?  i remember being able to
mount ext2fs partitions from OS/2 with a third-party driver (it was how
i get the network bits onto my non-networked version of OS/2 as the ext2fs
driver fit on a floppy and the network bits didn't)

that would be nice.  not overly nessesary, but nice none-the-less.

-brian
--
"Now you know why I got the everliving hell OUT of Windows administration.
Knowing it doesn't make it any easier.  It's just broken-as-designed."