Subject: Re: current panic: trap
To: Chris Tribo <ctribo@college.dtcc.edu>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/15/2004 06:27:53
Hello,

> > Argh, and the interrupt isn't even shared. This leaves three
> > possibilities - the USB stick is weird, you didn't get the interrupt
> > fixes or there's something wrong with them - yours would be the first
> > known G3 which has problems. Do other USB devices still work? If all
> > USB stuff is dead it's probably the interrupt code, if others continue
> > working it's almost certainly the drive and umass needs another quirks
> > entry.
>
> I'll try a different one and try to get X set up so I can see if the
> mouse is doing anything interesting.
Please do that, it could be a hint about the nature of the problem and where it comes from. I see errors like that for my USB stick while a USB-IDE converter with a small disk works just fine, when trying to use EHCI I get these errors also for the disk.

> >> firewire code aside (we have experimental code enabled by default in
> >> generic?), things are not quite right. I could do at least 60 kB/sec
> >> with bm when it would cooperate under 2.0, now it's less than 10
> >> kB/sec.
> > When did you pull the kernel source from cvs? Or - which version does
> > src/sys.macppc/macppc/extintr.c show? It should be 1.45 from 12/09 or
> > newer, if you have an older one please update and try again. If not
> > then we're in trouble - well, Allen and I are. It's never been tested
> > with a Heathrow.
>
> $NetBSD: extintr.c,v 1.45 2004/12/09 01:43:37 briggs Exp $
>
> I compiled from sources dated 12/13/2004. I'm running unpatched so if I
> should be applying other patches let me know.
Ok, that's the same code I'm using. But I see this already caught Allen's attention :)
Maybe investigating here also helps tracking down what's wrong with the 604s...

have fun
Michael