Subject: Re: current panic: trap
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@NetBSD.org>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@college.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/15/2004 01:04:30
On Dec 14, 2004, at 11:56 PM, Allen Briggs wrote:

> Take a look at the 'rate' reported for various interrupts when it's
> working and when it's not.  vmstat -i should give you that.

I can't even get my mouse to work or a different USB keychain that is
known working under NetBSD i386 and OS X.

uhub0: device problem, disabling port 1
uhub0: device problem, disabling port 2

I took out the USB card, put a different usb card in slot 3, and NetBSD
refuses to see it. Both with 2.0 and 2.99.11. OpenFirmware can see it
just fine though. NetBSD can see the FireWire card in slot 1 that I'm
about to remove. OK now I just have the USB card in slot 3 and it
doesn't see it in 2.0 nor 2.99.11

If I have the USB card in slot 1 and the starfire in slot 3, it sees
both. But I can't bring up any of the starfire interfaces, it says no
carrier.

If I go USB,starfire,USB, both usb cards and the star fire are detected
and it finds my LEXAR USB drive and the mouse. USB hot plugging seems
to be working so far. The starfire won't bring up any interfaces still.

during an attempted transfer:

vmstat -i
interrupt		total		rate
cpu0 clock	23899	102