Subject: Re: Driver for hardware sensors in G4 iBooks and probably other
To: netbsd-macppc <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/13/2004 20:13:06
Hello,

> Ok, it's not quite as bad - snapper_attach() checks if the ki2c it found had obio as parent so it should grab the right one and my
> snapper problem is apparently unrelated. ( it complains about a misaligned dbdma address but that's long before it even tries to
> play with ki2c )
>
> Anyway, using a deq driver to find the right ki2c seems to be the cleanest way.

Found the reason why snapper didn't work.
snapper_softc has a bunch of DMA descriptors that need to be 16-byte aligned - apparently struct device gained 4 bytes so the alignment was toast. Moved one 4-byte field behind the DMA stuff and it works. Sort of - xmms hangs now and then, apparently at random - I'll see if I can catch it in gdb.
This patch seems to get bigger and bigger...

have fun
Michael