Subject: Re: upgrading bootblocks
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/13/2004 09:09:16
On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 07:15:06AM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> In article <20041210190242.GN20415@ford.4amlunch.net>
> wonko@4amlunch.net wrote:
>
> > well, it gets a DEFAULT CATCH every time i try to boot with 1.10 in place
> > 1.7 works fine.
>
> ofwboot and bootxx have to be sync'ed.
> bootxx compiled from bootxx.c rev 1.13 or later is required
> for ofwboot 1.8 or later.
> ---

ah ha!  i tried it all again, being extra careful to make sure i got the
new bootxx in place as well, and now i am booting perfectly fine using
1.10 of the secondary bootloader!!

thanks Izumi!

-brian
--
"Now you know why I got the everliving hell OUT of Windows administration.
Knowing it doesn't make it any easier.  It's just broken-as-designed."