Subject: Re: Interrupts and many slot machines / ibook G3
To: Rudi Ludwig <rudihl@gmx.de>
From: John Klos <john@klos.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/12/2004 16:45:12
>> I believe that all of the G3 iBooks used 740 G3s, which had no
>> backside L2 cache. With the second generation G4s (>7400) they moved
>> to a 256k L2 with a backside L3 cache, or at least that's been my
>> understanding after researching Donald Lee's problem a couple months
>> ago.

> Maybe just a typo but the ibooks used 750s; from IBM I think.
> and if I got the summary table at
> http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/cpu/ppc-2.ars/1
> right, they all have 512 L2; at least dmesg of mine confirms that.

G3 iBooks run the gamut from 740s with external L2 cache (the original
clamshell iBooks), to the various 750s with either 256k or 512k of on-CPU
L2, to the G4s with on-CPU L2.

All of the previous PowerBook G3s used the standard 740 with external L2
(the only exception being PowerBooks with CPU upgrades).

John