Subject: Re: PowerMac 7300 won't boot 2.0 iso
To: Chaz McGarvey <chaz@brokenzipper.com>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/12/2004 15:48:58
Hi Chaz,

> I'm having a bit of trouble booting the macppc ISO on a PowerMac 7300
> (OF 1.0.5).  It's got 1.6.2 installed already.  It quits out with a
> "default catch" and then further attempts (before a reset) produce
> everyone's favorite "claim failed."  The boot command I'm using is:

The claim failed is because when the bootloader exits due to an
exception, the memory area allocated for it by OF is not released.
Trying to run the bootloader again just makes OF try to write into area
already claimed. It can be manually released, but it's easier to reboot.

When you get the default catch next time, can you send me the output
from

%SRR0 10 - dis

> Anyone else having problems?

Maybe. I'm investigating conditions that may be leading to the secondary
bootloader (ofwboot) getting corrupted.

> Btw, I'm new here.  Is anyone on this list?  I guess I'll find out..

I think we're seeing a resurgence of interest in the port.

tim