Subject: Re: Interrupts and many slot machines
To: John Klos <john@klos.com>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/12/2004 14:21:51
At 1:56 PM -0500 12/12/04, Michael wrote:
>> 1) mc0 performance > 10k/sec
>Hmm, maybe find out why some people ( like me ) get halfway decent
>performance out of their mc's - Tim did some work on this and apparently
>found a fix.

I've gotten very close 1MB/sec on mc0, but only with my MP kernel. With my
SP I have to go through a couple ifconfig jumps, but it'll get close to
that as well. GENERIC doesn't work with it at all. I'm waiting for the
interrupt code to stabilize (which I think it has) and see what effect this
has.

>> 5) multiprocessor machines don't lock
>Indeed.

Dave Huang has reported enabling PSL_EE before lowering spl fixed his
kernel panic. There's a good chance that the remaining problems are
specific to either my MP card, the particular model I'm using, or 604s.
Your testing will help because of how close your system is to both
Riccardo's and mine. I think Riccardo's having better luck than I am.

tim