Subject: Re: Interrupts and many slot machines
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/12/2004 12:50:03
At 12:26 PM -0500 12/12/04, Michael wrote:
>Tim - I didn't forget about the interrupt problems but I can't reproduce
>them so I need to wait for reports from others. Experience shows that it
>usually helps to do something else when you're stuck and look at it later
>with a different mindset.

Not a problem! As I've said offline, I've need to take a couple days to get
caught up. I was waiting for the interrupt code to stabilize anyways. When
I get back to work, I'll need you to compile a kernel for me with the
stable code that applies my ofb.c patch. In the case of serial connection
during boot, it won't attach to /chaos/control, since that is not the
output-device in Open Firmware. This may get us past the hanging on
attaching ofb.

I have been reading your progress on the temperature sensors, though, and
I'll try to get up to speed on the ki2c stuff. Sounds like fan@15c is
interesting. When I had a chance to get the device tree from a G5, it had
five fans.

tim