Subject: PowerMac 7300 won't boot 2.0 iso
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Chaz McGarvey <chaz@brokenzipper.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/10/2004 21:02:09
Hello list:

I'm having a bit of trouble booting the macppc ISO on a PowerMac 7300
(OF 1.0.5).  It's got 1.6.2 installed already.  It quits out with a
"default catch" and then further attempts (before a reset) produce
everyone's favorite "claim failed."  The boot command I'm using is:

boot scsi-int/sd@3:0 NETBSD.MACPPC

which works for the 1.6.2 CD I burned (and still have).  I burned
another CD-R using the 2.0 ISO in case I used a bad CD for the first
one, but it produces the same results.  I'm using the same burning
software and CD-Rs that I used for burning my 1.6.2 CD, so I don't
think it's a problem with the burning.

Anyone else having problems?

Btw, I'm new here.  Is anyone on this list?  I guess I'll find out..

Thanks,
Chaz McGarvey
http://www.brokenzipper.com